Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week:4 Material Generators

During my undergrad studies I was required to do research on material generators that were useful to teachers. I  had the opprotunity to explore some of the material generators. At the end of the semester we were given the chance to exchange our most useful ones. I have a file ready to use during my first year teaching.

During my field experience I often used worksheet and puzzle generators.  I taught second grade and I often used worksheets and puzzles as Morning work. I also used them in the earlier finishers basket. Student were only allowed to go to the early finishers basket if there work is complete and there is spare time. Occasionally I would use the worksheets generator to make math homework sheets.

I have also used test and rubric generators.The test generators allow me to chose the question and format that I would like to use to test students. I often use test generators when I have give a teacher choice test. I have used to rubric generator to assist with grading projects and writing assignments. This assures that each student is graded fairly using the same requirements.

During my field experience I did not have the chance to use a whiteboard, which we call a Smart board. The school that I taught at was an older model school that only had on smart board on wheels that had to be shared between all teachers. This past year I was fortunate enough to be able to sub at a variety of schools. Many if the new schools had smart boards installed in each class. It was during this time that I became familiar with smartboards. Smart boards allow teacher to make fun, creative, interactive lessons. Students seem to enjoy the interactive lessons. I am looking forward to using a Smart board in my class. I have become familiar with some math and language arts programs that I'm planning on using the Smart board with.

2 comments:

  1. Test generators are really good to use. Being able to pick and choose your questions or add your own can really save on time and stress. I found that even if I didn't like the question, I could tailor it to how I presented the material and use some it or use the idea behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew what to do with a whiteboard. I know the basic drawing tools, but I do not know very much beyond that. I had one in my classroom last year, but someone stole all of the peices that went with it and we could not afford to replace the peices. I hope to learn more about the whiteboard in the future.

    ReplyDelete