Monday, June 10, 2013

Web 2.0 Resources

For the Web 2.0 assignment I chose Social Studies standard #14.) Describe the social, political, and economic impact of the modern Civil Rights Movement * Identifying important people and events of he modern Civil Rights Movement. I chose this topic because learning African American History is one of my favorites. This was also a very informative topic to work on. As I researched for my assignment I was constantly learning new things and I absolutely loved it!

The concept map was  much easier for me since this was my second time doing one. My topics included important leaders and events during the Civil Rights Movement along with important details of each.

 The Web 2.0 Resources assignment required that we use several different parts. This was my first time using Glogster. I enjoyed creating my very own interactive poster. The site was very easy to use and I found the tools to be very handy. It was beneficial to have the You Tube videos that were already loaded into the program. I did not like the fact that I had to manually type in the URL to add a link. Overall, I enjoyed this assignment and it is something that I will use again. I also plan to have my students make a graphic glog using Glogster. Feel free to view my glog at http://mrsjevans0716.edu.glogster.com/glogevans-ed505/

Animoto was also a requirement for this assignment. While working on the Animoto assignment I had a difficult time finding pictures that were not copy righted. I searched and searched diffrent non copy righted websites and was unable to find pictures that related to my topic. I eventually came across a site called Wikimedia which is a free commons webpage. Wikimedia has plenty of pictures that related to the Civil Rights Movement. Once I found the pictures and uploaded them things were much easier. I found a song from the movie Selma Lord Selma that I wanted to use for my music. I wasn't really sure how to save a song from You Tube so I googled the directions. I ended up downloading a mp3 file converter; which worked great. This was my first time using Animoto. It was an experience but I do believe that I will be using it in the future. Feel free to view my Animoto video at http://animoto.com/play/SK7LlPHxBz7KVsi3rrR6VQ

For my free choice assignment I chose the Blabberize pictures. I chose two important leaders and one event from the Civil Rights Movement to blabberize. I decided to blabberize the two leaders from a first person perspective as if I was the leader. The sound quality from the voice recorder on Blabberize.com was horrible. It sound was very low and hard to hear. I used http://online-voice-recorder.com/ to record my voice. I then downloaded and saved the recording. Online voice recorder is louder and much clearer than the recorder provider by blabberize.com. In order to meet the 30 second time line, I had to record several times. I felt a little rushed and would have liked to have more time.After practicing for a while I was able to speak all of the information within the 30 seconds. This assignment is very fun to watch and would be a hit for any grade level. This is something that I also plan to incorporate into my teaching lessons. Feel free to view my blabberized pictures at the following links:
http://blabberize.com/view/id/987382

http://blabberize.com/view/id/987368

http://blabberize.com/view/id/987365

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful job!! I pulled each of your Web 2.0 projects up at work on the Smartboard; myself as well as my co-workers enjoyed them. Each section was thorough and very informative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The concept map was a lot easier this time. I agree that the tutorials were beneficial.

      Delete
  2. Your concept map looks great! Mine just looks cluttered. ha, ha I didn't use blabberize, but I will have to check it out. I'm enjoying all of these new technological options, even if there is a bit of a learning curve for me! The best of luck to you on the next project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!!I really enjoyed your presentation. I can see that this assignment gave you no problems.

    ReplyDelete